Monday, April 20, 2009

Deconstructed Hummus

Okay, my goal was to post here three times a month at the LEAST, but I think that I've been pretty bad at keeping my promise to do that.

But to be fair, I've been busy! R's sister AND brother both had babies last month and since his sister lives in Calgary and had a baby boy, we flew to Calgary for thebris. Happily for us, the bris was a day before Passover, so we got to spend Passover with all of R's family and extended family. Sadly for any readers I may have out there, that means that I didn't make anything for Passover and thus have no tasty Passover recipes to share.

Let me tell you though: I love Passover seders. I love chicken soup with matzoh balls and I looooove horseradish on matzoh. And of course I love brisket. Who doesn't? And this year I had some absolutely addictive chocolate toffee matzoh, which I will definitely post a recipe for next year. The bread of affliction has never been so delicious!

Anyway, I feel guilty for my neglect lately. So while I can't share any Passover recipes, I will share this snack that I like to make when I'm too busy to make a real lunch. It's like hummus, except that there's no fatty tahina (sesame oil) and there's no need to find pita for dipping. All you need is a fork!



Deconstructed Hummus

Ingredients:
1 can of chickpeas, drained
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp parmesan cheese (not all parmesan cheeses are certified kosher, but it is possible to find ones that are)
1 clove of garlic, pressed (or garlic salt if you're in a real hurry)
shake of salt
shake of pepper

Method:
Combine all ingredients in a tupperware container. Shake it up. Eat it at room temperature. That's it!


3 comments:

trudy4 said...

I made hummus yesterday.Had to boil the chick peas 20 minutes to remove the can taste. Pulsed the chick peas in the food processor with fresh lemon juice and water for 1 minute and tehina and olive oil for 1 minute. The garlic and cumin where added with the chick peas. DH cleaned the bowl, it was delicious.

Ophir said...

My name is Ophir, Co-Founder of ChefKosher.com

I happened upon your blog and was very impressed by both writing style and excellent pictures!

ChefKosher is currently looking to expand our blogging team, I would love for you to take a look and let me know if you are interested in contributing.
http://chefkosher.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=section&layout=blog&id=9&Itemid=77

It's a great opportunity to reach out to more readers.

you can reach me at:
o p h i r [at] chefkosher [dot] com

Unknown said...

Nice post, I bookmark your blog because I found very good information on your blog, Thanks for sharing more information
Quality Services & Training Pvt.Ltd.